Monday, September 27, 2010

Great Ladies Retreat

Well as you that read the last post know I was worried that Anna Claire would have a really hard time without her momma while I was gone to Ladies Retreat. Do you know that God moved and worked and she never really even asked about me?! She was even in bed on Friday night about two hours earlier than normal! I Praise God for that!

Praise God for a wonderful ladies retreat! I had such a wonderful time in the Lord and enjoyed the wonderful fellowship so very much. God is so good to me that I'll never be able to tell all that He has done for me, but please know that we serve a great big God! Our Ladies Retreat theme was "Committed to Service". Everything from open to close went with being TOTALLY committed to God! A total commitment is what is required from us. Sis. Tammi Adams was my TAPS (talk and prayer session) leader and I so appreciate everything that God gave her, she may have been out of her comfort zone, but she still allowed God to use her to minister to those of us who were lucky enough to be in her group. She talked about how if you go to the bank to cash a check, you must have the whole check. The bank will not cash a check if you only give them part of it, part of a check is of no value. Much the same, God desires all of us and only a partial commitment will have no eternal value. God has taught me several things throughout this weekend and I can't really explain it all, but God is doing a work in me and I'm thankful for that. My desire is to be totally committed to Christ and His Church and to move closer and closer to God, I want to live for him and if need be I want to be willing to die for Him. I want nothing between my soul and the savior!


The fellowship is always wonderful around Gods people! I can truly say that laughter doth good like a medicine. Those of us at Ladies Retreat truly got an overdose on laughter. Many laughed till it hurt to laugh, but laughed some more. Sis. Janet Talley was our guest speaker and she shared so many things, some that made me laugh and just as many that made me stop and examine myself and at times cry! I want to worship the Lord not WARship the Lord and I want to do in spirit and in truth. I don't want to fail the Lord and if I'm totally committed to Him I will not! One thing that sticks out is the little story Sis. Tammi put in our Journal's that she gave each of us in her TAPS group and I'll share it with you and pray that it blesses you as it blessed me.

A chicken and a pig were walking down
the road together. They passed a sign for
a local diner advertising its breakfast
special: "Ham and Eggs--$2.95!" The
chicken said, "That's our whole
contribution to society: breakfast food!"
The pig replied, "For you, it may be a contribution.
For me it's total Commitment."
Are you like the chicken and merely contributing or are you like the pig...
TOTALLY COMMITTED!?
In closing I'd like to say to all those that attended the retreat Wee Wee my Ladies! :)

No comments: