Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Is this the way we would sing these well-known hymns–if we were honest.

I Surrender Some

There Shall Be Sprinkles of Blessings

Fill My Spoon, Lord

Oh, How I Like Jesus

He’s Quite a Bit to Me

I Love to Talk About Telling the Story

Take My Life and Let Me Be

It is My Secret What God Can Do

There is Scattered Cloudiness in My Soul Today

Onward, Christian Reserves

Where He Leads Me, I Will Consider Following

Just As I Pretend to Be

When the Saints Go Sneaking In

When I led songs Sunday Night we started with Psalms 100. After we sang thru once the Lord impressed upon me to stop and read the words of those verses. At times we sing songs without actually thinking about what we are singing. We sing from memory so to speak never stopping to think about what the song means. If we would think about the powerful words behind each song we sing what a wonderful blessing we could receive. I think that true worship begins once we stop and HEAR the words of a song and stop just singing from memory. So next time you are singing a song, take a minute to really focus on it's meaning.

Beth

1 comment:

Montgomery's said...

you sure were busy posting lately. you have some wonderful thoughts that seem so true. hope all is well.